Friday 14 May 2010

Prepare yourself for some...

...sleepless nights?

Mid-semester exams are only days away but what have I done? Completing assignments and having a lot of sleepless nights. I feel like I am back to square one. The months before I enrolled for college, I have been sleeping at odd hours and now, my sleeping hours have gone haywire again. Sometimes, when I do want to get myself to study, it does not seem to work. Lecturers have given us notes, tips, chapters to study for the exam; but yet I am stuck here.

Which do I study first? What do I understand? Will I do well? What if what I have studied does not come out for the paper? Will my peers do better than me? Have they started studying? Are they prepared? More importantly, am I prepared myself? Questions, questions and more questions.

Preparing for an exam does not have any effect on me, blatantly speaking. I have this immune feeling towards exams since 2007. I have no idea whether it is a good or a bad thing. Only when I sat for SPM in 2009, my heart skipped a little faster as I walked into the room for my first paper. Would I have the same feeling that I had months ago when I enter the classroom next week? Hopefully not.

Lecturers for this course have been telling us how to answer questions, giving us sample questions to do and constantly asking us whether we have questions for them or not. They are caring, no doubt. I guess all of us feel as if we could sit back and take a breather after handing up all the assignments. To our horror, that is only the beginning of everything. If I am never going to ace this term, I would never ace the next.

I work quite well with encouragement. But sometimes, all I need is my room to myself with the door shut, a comfortable seat and no one talking. The silence makes me think and concentrate more. Some people study with their headphones on. I would not be able to do that because I would be focusing on the song.

My other thoughts on exams are that people would get so stressed out; they would just give up and flunk their paper. They would not care anymore because they think there is not a point in studying seeing that there is no time left.

To get away from a crazy day of studying, I would plug in my iPod, lie down on my bed and start the player. It might leave me feeling drowsy and sleep, but it is what I would need for the time being.

Years ago, I took an online quiz and it said this about me;

"You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow. You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily. Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. You are deeply philosophical and thoughtful. You tend to analyze every aspect of your life. You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone."

Well, it does apply to me. Hopefully some of it applies to me during the exams. Time to kick start my weekend (with studying)!

This is the end of the CCPD blog assignment too, so till whenever, au revoir readers.

No comments: