Thursday 22 April 2010

Needles, foosball, missing seats and a pupil

My door is left ajar, but the neighbourhood is still in the night; probably because it is already midnight. Back at the old house, dogs will be barking at this hour. I wonder why... My room is echoed with the wild whirring sound of the fan, the click-clacks of the keyboard and music on the player. It is a Friday morning. A week ago, I was still in class, only attending a 2-hour tutorial class (IT class was cancelled). Where did time go? I have not the slightest clue.

Kicked off my Tuesday with a medical check up. Upon my mum's request anyway. At 9pm on Monday night, I was not allowed to eat or drink anything except for clear water until the next day; after the doctor took my blood. I cannot remember how early I slept but I think it was 1a.m. (Yes, it is considered early for a night owl like me). I woke up at about 8.30a.m. and got myself ready. It was a grey and gloomy weather even in the day; the clouds were pregnant with water but the rain would not fall. I was the third patient of the morning, greeted my doctor, took my seat and waited.

The doctor checked my pulse and heart rate.

"Good, good..." he said.
"I swim," I replied with a grin.

Waiting for the hypodermic needle to be poked into my vein and getting it over with took long. My doctor asked whether I was a left or a right-hander. I told him that I was a right-hander and he looked at me in surprise. It was because my inner elbow had not-so-visible veins; and since I was a right-hander, there should be more visible veins on that arm. Slowly, he injected the needle into my vein as I looked away as usual. I have a needle phobia (except for sewing needles) because evidently, it hurts. I glanced to my right to see thick dark red blood leisurely streaming and occupying the spaces in the syringe. It was done in less than 2 minutes.

I had to measure my height and weight as well; I have not grown since 2007. Now, THAT is a bad thing. Maybe it was caused by joining a gym in October of the same year. Anyhow, I am a healthy child. Only that matters most.

Not a very clear picture of the shot.

I went to Bread Story which was nearby and had my first meal in 15 hours. Pretty much gobbled down my food as I was feeling tad bit hungry. My parents dropped me off at the mall soon after.

Caught a movie and lunch with some friends. Played a round of foosball before the movie...

...with a twist!

Another series of strange events. Missing seats this time around.


I love The Simpsons, like many others. I was reading the newspaper to find words for my CSS assignment and stumbled across this 'lovely' page. Why 'lovely', you may ask. Lisa Simpson has missing a pupil in her EYE; that is not a very pretty SIGHT, Lisa. Pun intended. Oh?

No comments: