Monday 19 April 2010

Of moving and hosting

3 floors down.

Another new beginning was moving into a new home. I have only shifted twice in my whole life. The first was when I was 1 and a half years old, from Taman Melur in Ampang to Bandar Utama in PJ. I have lived in BU1 since then and have done most of my growing up there. I never really thought that we would shift again; I was quite upset because I was so used to living in BU1 (for 14 and a half years). Our new home was in BU6 but yet, I was holding on... To nothing. I told myself that this was a fresh start. On the 3rd of January 2009, the packed boxes were brought in. I felt quite at home after a few days because we did not buy too many new things. The rooms were a little bigger, there was an extra floor (with a balcony!), the house looks almost the same as before and most of all, I had my own room. Before moving in, the amount of things that were needed to get done was... Merely madness.

One of the things was picking out paint colours. Being "Little Miss Secretary" (a nickname I made for myself for my family), I helped out because I was having holidays.


Had this picture on my main blog. My 1st brother was being funny, that explains my missing head. That is the wall colour of my main wall, Lime Fizz. The rest of the walls were painted in a faint shade of green. Wondering about the hole in the wall? That is for the power socket.

The living area.

Helped my dad assemble these pieces in the China cabinet.

My old room (which I used to share with my sister).

My room as of today. Yes, that is a 'Winnie The Pooh' jigsaw puzzle hung up on my wall which I fixed (with some help) 7 years back.

Chinese New Year was around the corner too, gone over to one of my friend's house. We headed to One Utama soon after by foot.


Had my second Chili's dinner in the same week.

The Curve had pretty decorations, so my family and I decided to drop by.


I had a Chinese New Year gathering over at my place on the last day of January. It was a first, because I rarely host things like these. I remember getting a voucher from Domino's Pizza for my birthday the previous month. Coincidentally, it came in handy when I used the voucher on the last day of its offer. Good timing? You can say that again. I went to collect the pizza in the late afternoon while some of my relatives and friends started coming over. Everything went pretty well. There was lots of laughter in the air. We went up to the balcony after our meal and started jumping (see picture above), trying to imitate High School Musical and settled down for a bit for some pictures. It was one of the memorable days I do not think that I will forget.

It has been a year, 3 months and 16 days... Time flies. What a beginning to everything.

1 comment:

Eason said...

wow nice...its look good ~ nice deco