Wednesday 28 April 2010

This, is... Taylor's Lakeside Campus!

Try mimicking Ryan Seacrest saying, "This, is... American Idol!" and you will get my post's title.
-
After 3 short weeks of studying at the PJ Campus, we shifted to the Lakeside Campus. My first impression when I stepped into the campus a few months ago to check things out, I thought it was pretty and huge. The stairs and the open space leading to the lake were designed in a way to make people feel free; in my opinion anyway. With the grass so green and sun so bright, I felt like it was a perfect picture-taking spot and started snapping away.
-
I am quite alright with the shifting - downside is, the prices of the food are costly. Finding our way to class was fairly easy and it was not at all that huge of a building. Maybe it is just the number of floors. Having said that, there are a lot of people in this campus indeed. I have bumped into a lot of old friends and seniors in just a couple of days. Some were surprised, some were excited and some just played it cool.
-
At first, I was wondering why there were so many people in office wear. One of my ex-schoolmates who is in the School of Tourism told me that it was compulsory for them to wear formal clothes every single day. Imagine that; long-sleeved collared shirts, slacks and tie (for the gentlemen) and pretty blouses, skirts and high heels (for the ladies). Just wearing a simple tee and putting on a pair of jeans already makes me sweat. How would I survive wearing formal attire like the School of Tourism students? But I must admit, they look smart and good in those outfit.

Block E - where the classrooms for most of our lectures and tutorials are conducted. I like the olive painted walls because it is similar to my favourite colour! *green*
Thinking that we were the earliest to class, we found bottles, files and bags already put into place. The classrooms are fairly bigger in width.
-
And they say the thing about the Lakeside Campus is its parking.
11a.m. on a Monday morning.
-
Here you have it, a campus with almost ten thousand students with parking for only 20% of the students. Even if you are having classes at 8a.m., the parking is almost full at about 7.40a.m. and therefore you will have to park near the basketball court - on the sandy area. I wonder what is in store when the timetable for the next semester changes. *cricket chirps*


View from the library.

I witnessed an accident on Tuesday morning when it was my turn to drive to college. Well, let's not get to that shall we. All I remember was that I was in the Sunway area at 7.35a.m. and could reach in 3 minutes but the jam was insane that it turned into a 30-minute long drive. Experience? Totally.

The famous Malaysian delicacy - nasi lemak from Sisters Crispy Popiah. Not a bad meal. Though I must say, the sambal was quite spicy even for a chilli/sambal/belacan lover like myself.

Assignments are piling up! Gah.

No comments: