Sunday 2 May 2010

Week 1 at the new campus

All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
- Coldplay's Speed of Sound

Days pass, but weeks seem to pass even faster now; passing at the speed of sound. Week one at the new campus has been quite an experience. It was only once that I was 15 minutes late for a lecture and that was it. This week? Hopefully the traffic will be smoother or I will have to leave home way earlier.

One of the banners around Block B.

Where I had my nasi lemak meal. The popiah itself is not too bad. This picture was taken at 7.50a.m., so imagine how early these people were there. In fact, every food stall at the campus will be bustling with people and it will be very humid. The tables and chairs are not sufficient either; especially during lunchtime at the cafeteria. That, and long queues included.

I like the architectural design of this open space. The checkered tile-grass pattern adds to the "futuristic?" look of it. To me, at least. Well, this is definitely one of the places to take pictures. *clickS*

There I go.

The staircase leading down the lake is a nice place to just sit and have a small talk with your friends; provided that the weather is good.

View of the library (which is 4 levels high). The library draws my attention. It is really spacious and the furniture can speak for itself. Kind of a perfect hang out spot. There is a meeting room with your typical meeting room office chairs on the highest floor of the library which is the 5th floor. There are computers in the library too - one section of the library has Mac computers. I heard that you need to request for the keyboard if you do want to use the Mac.

The most talked about lake. I heard that it is being/going to be used for kayaking? That sounds fun. The lake separates the hostel and the blocks. It is even bigger if you are standing right there and looking beyond the lake.

And... Another.

View of the hostel from Block A. There were pictures of the interiors of the hostel posted on Facebook by Taylor's themselves. Pretty environment. I heard that there is going to be a hotel right next to the hostel for Hospitality and Tourism students' use. Reasons why I wanted to be in that course... Sigh. I think that TCHT students have the most facilities on the campus too. With what, 9 restaurants, 14 culinary suites and more to come? Definitely worth paying the tuition fee if you are a TCHT student.

Grilled chicken portobello mushroom wrap @ Dessert's Bar.

3 plates of carbonara coming right up!

One of the long banners stretched across Block A and B. I counted the number of schools there were on the banners. TEN SCHOOLS.

And lastly, we have the Student Central. How may I help you?

No comments: